How to make money online using an online course!Guide
As a part of my daily study for my online course, today when I was doing my research about the latest online trends.
Suddenly I bumped on to one of my favorite tools ‘Google trends’ & you won’t believe what I just found.
Google says that the term ‘online courses’ have a popularity score of exactly 100, (that’s the max score for any keyword on Google).
Here, have a look at this.
Suddenly, a creativity spider bit me in the neck and the Spider-Man inside me started jumping on the walls of Google to find more crazy stuff about online courses.
And see what I came through.
Would you believe if I say that more and more people are getting lazy and that’s why they’re willing to learn from the comfort of their homes.
Most of them prefer to take an online course on their pc or laptop & it’s not that hard to believe as more and more people are going for online courses.
This digital thing has gone so far that by the year 2030 every 7 out of 10 people will become online entrepreneurs & make money online from the comfort of their home.
Sounds really mind-boggling, right!
So, What is an online course?
“Online courses are just like normal study material except the fact that they are available online & can be bought and read online using the internet & mobile phones.”
Through online courses, you can learn anything & also share your knowledge by creating a course on any of your favorite subject like:-
- Social media
- Public speaking
- Marketing etc.
Make money online
But here comes the Twist.
Not only you can create an online course but also sell them online to make a shit ton of money. There are thousands of people searching answers to their questions online & that’s where you can get your share of that billion $ online course industry.
(An online course is a perfect channel to share your knowledge with the world. It can be about anything whether it’s gardening, Yoga, martial arts or you can teach digital marketing, just like me).
You can create your course in any niche, about any topic you feel passionate about.
For example, if you know a lot about gardening, you can easily start a basic course on topics like:
- How to start up with gardening?
- Learn to do gardening in 5 days without any hard work.
Or if you like to play Piano, you can sell an ecourse on:
- How to play the piano like a pro?
- Learn to play piano in 90 days & play any song you want.
Furthermore, if you have years of experience in playing the piano, you can create multiple in-depth courses on subtopics like”:
- How to do master humming.
- Learning the chords.
- Creating different patterns.
So, here are some basic qualifications to create an online course:
- You should have in-depth command of the topic.
- There should demand in the market for an ecourse on that topic.
- Plus you should have some basic knowledge of how to work in the online world.
Let’s hear about some people who have already achieved success with online courses.
1) Back in 2012, John Lee Dumas & his partner Kate Erichson who’re two super tech savvy online entrepreneurs who share their knowledge with other entrepreneurs & motivate them came into light.
Their community is called Entrepreneurs on Fire, soon after working with this community they realized its needs & launched their own online course.
And within the span of just two months, they made over $50,000k in revenue…what?That’s insane…right.
2) Christopher Stafford who is realtor by profession decided to share his knowledge with other realtors in the form of an online course & he created an online course on real estate business.
And he showed his course to only fifty realtors online & people liked it. In today’s date, he has generated over 35,000k dollars in sales revenue…that’s right.
And according to a research, by the year 2025, elearning course industry will break through 331 billion dollars.
So, if you are also looking to create an online course in digital marketing, then this might be the perfect time to do it.
How to create an online course?
One fine morning, I was reading online when I received a notification of ‘FB live’ from one of my facebook friends.
He was close to me, so I immediately jump onto see it.
Before I can see it, suddenly my eyes stopped on an FB ad which was catching my attention from past few days, so I clicked on it.
It was about a ‘free marketing strategy’ & a pretty good one too, it filled me up with immense zeal and motivation to create an online course of my own.
And the very next thing I found myself doing was working on my very first ecourse.
What do you think how it started?
Let me tell you, my beginning was bad, I mean really bad.
I didn’t have a clue where to start, how to start, what’s the first step & many other questions were popping up.
Whenever a brilliant idea starts taking shape, suddenly another stunning idea hit me up & they both clash with each other.
Soon I realized that I need a structure for my course, thereafter my first elearning course came to light.
(Yup, some people call it elearning course also.)
So, if you’re also looking to create your own ecourse, then you’ll also face these road bumps in your way.
That’s why I guess you should know about these mandatory rules to create an elearning course.
Different steps involved in creating an online course are:
- Coming up with a crispy idea, which people can easily swallow in with their morning coffee.
- Making that first move with your online course.
- Finding the right format for your course.
- Selection of the right tools.
- Finding the right platform for your course.
- Structuring your digital course.
- How to price your course.
- How to actually sell your ecourse.
I’ve broken down the whole process into easy steps for you.
These steps have helped me a lot & will definitely help you in the long run.
According to Akamai, almost 26% of the internet users around the world have taken online courses & this number has increased by 284% in last 3 years only.
It clearly indicates the role & impact of elearning around the globe.
Now, let’s see what other pro marketers have to say about the importance of an online course.
Sociallysorted.com, a well-known name in marketing world(founded by Donna Moritz) conducted a huge survey with top 20 marketers & influencers on how to make a good elearning course that sells like a hot cake.
So, let’s see their thoughts & how these big guns sell their online courses.
1. Michael Stelzner, founder of Social media examiner, social media marketing world & Social media marketing podcast online course
2. Amy Porterfield, founder of amyporterfield.com & hosts podcast “Online marketing made easy” online course
3. Sue B Zimmerman, Instagram expert & have an Instagram course “Ready Set Gram”, SueBZimmerman.com online course
4. Kylie Patchett, Mindset expert for women entrepreneurs. Kylie patchett.com
5. Rebekah Radice, Chief marketing officer at post planner & award winning marketer. RebekahRadice.com
6. Andrea Vahl, Founder of Social media manager school & AndreaVahl.com
7. Kim Garst, Best selling author & Sales specialist
8. Dave Charest, Content Marketing & Social media marketing manager at Constant Contact
9. Greg Smith, Co-founder of Thinkific, one of the most trusted & user-friendly online course platforms
10. Ian Cleary, Founder of Razor Social
Now, I know that you also want to create your online course, that’s why you are here.
See, in the beginning, you must be full of ideas & enthusiasm about your next big thing.
& that’s understandable too.
But as you move ahead things can get rough.
In my early days, I faced this situation too but once I conquered them, It was a piece of cake.
My book “Twisted Marketing” is a prime example of it.
Believe me, If you also want to shape your dreams into reality, you need to follow these these 8 steps mentioned above.
Just read one link at a time, implement these tips & come back next day for next steps, this way you won’t feel overwhelmed & learn easily.
Many people have already gone on to make thousands of dollars using these very steps, now its your turn.